Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Missing my Riley....

I'm sure I have mentioned this before...probably over a year ago. But my friend had her baby on Riley's due date. I just saw her post on Facebook today about his one year birthday party.

It broke my heart....

I can't believe that Riley would have been a year old. I can't even begin to tell you how much it breaks my heart to see my friend's baby. He is a constant reminder of what could have been. And THAT is not easy to say the least!

I am obviously BEYOND thrilled that my rainbows are on the way but that doesn't take away the sadness in my heart for the angels I have lost. Pieces of my heart will always be missing and while having twins is AMAZING two births won't make up for the children I lost.

Today is a hard day but luckily also a busy one.

My appt. with the nurse at my OB office was yesterday. It was just a bunch of boring questions but she did tell me that the doctor will most likely order an ultrasound on Thursday when I go in for my first visit with him. Trust me I will be BEGGING him for that! It has been 3 weeks AND this is the longest I ever made it before with a pregnancy so I am extra anxious.

I'll make sure to let you all know how Thursday's appt. goes.
Here is the pic I promised of my cute, cuddly cat who loves to be near the babies!! <3

Excuse my unattractiveness - being pregnant and tired isn't pretty (on me anyways LOL)
Don't you love how her butt is practically falling off the the couch just to she can lay near the babies LOL - so super cute!! <3


Riley & Peyton I miss you every day. As your father said last year. You are more real than the air we breathe. We love you <3

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of Riley with you. Sometimes being pregnant made me miss Charlotte more acutely.

    Love the picture and don't worry about how you look, the first trimester - heck all of pregnancy and a good long while after the babies are born - is the perfect time to look less put together than normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so sorry I've been abesent from the blogs so much lately because I have missed so much excitement. I am so, so happy for you! CONGRATS on the twins! That is incredible news. I hope you get an ultrasound today. If you do, post pictures!

    I want to say I know how you feel about the situation with your friend. The closest I can come is when my sister lost her baby and then had a friend who delivered around her due date. She often tells me how hard it is to watch children that are about my niece's age and realize she doesn't have that.

    Good luck today. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios