Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 10 & Walk to Remember

Day 10 - A photo taken more than 10 years ago and how it makes you feel

The first photo was taken a little over 11 years ago. June 1999 when I graduated from high school. As you can see I love frogs LOL! This makes me feel jealous honestly. Jealous of my naive worry - by this I mean that my biggest worry was having a fun summer and starting college. HA! If only my worries were so simple now. Even back in January before I ever knew I was pregnant with Riley my biggest worry was getting an art teaching job. My my how times have changed.... OH and I am jealous of how freaking skinny I looked back then. Even then I never thought I was "pretty" always thought I was overweight. That hasn't changed but I would love to weigh 80 lbs. less like I did back then.  : /


This second photo I am guessing was taken 21 - 23 years ago. I would guess I am 4 or 5 but I have no idea really. I hope to have a child on Earth one day that is a big ham like I was ;) 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Walk to Remember was today - below is a "smilebox" scrapbook that I made with pictures from the walk.

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free digital scrapbook



This poem was written and read by a 9 YEAR OLD at the program!

This poem was read at the program - it was so touching!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful smilebox scrapbook of the event! What a beautiful event!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is harder to look back on our lives and be envious of our younger, more naive selves. It's hard to look at pictures of ourselves years ago and see that smiling face that has no idea what lies in the years ahead. Yet, it is wonderful because you know that at that point in your life, you were enjoying that moment, completely unaware of the storms that were headed your way, and that is how life should be.

    I loved the smile box.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! How I wish I could go back in time & be skinny again! =)
    and I can relate to the blessed naivety (spelling?)
    How I would like to go back to the days when life was simple & carrying my children to full term was as of no concern. I just understood that all would be well. Thanks for sharing Jess.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios