Sunday, August 29, 2010

After surgery # 1

Wednesday, 24 February 2010

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

I had a doctor really really piss me off on Tuesday. He told m that he couldn't fit me in for my D & C until 3 to 6 weeks from now. The receptionist said that I did not understand how much scheduling time there was and how much work needed to be done to get a surgery set up. I continued to tell her SHE didn't understand! This was my body that they were talking about so it was ridiculous!!! So I told the doctor he was insane and that I would go to another doctor. So I did. He actually set the appointment up for the day after I spoke with him. So I had my surgery today.

Given the situation I would say it went as well as I could expect. The people were very nice and I actually had the surgery an hour sooner then they said. The doctor was very compassionate and had a great bedside manner as he had had the day before when I met with him so that was a blessing. I cried a bit before they came in to put me under. This of course was not an easy situation to deal with. But by the time I made it to the surgery room a few seconds later I woke up and I was in the recovery room. I got to eat soon after and within a couple hours was home resting. I have the weekend to recover and then it's back to reality.

I am just glad to have this part of the battle over with and be able to move on. Miscarriages are a horrible thing to deal with and I still have a battle ahead of me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios