Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 5 - Favorite quote(s)

Day 5 - your favorite quote.
I'm a lover of quotes I cannot in good conscience choose one ;)

I'm gonna break this down...

When it comes to Riley and Peyton:

"A person's a person no matter how small" - Dr. Seuss

and

"An angel in the book of life wrote down our babies' births and whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for Earth" - unknown author

Bible verses:

"For we believe not in the things which are seen but the things which are unseen. For the things which are seen are temporary but things which are unseen are eternal" - 2 Cor. 4:18

and ones I have loved during this journey:
  
"I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy." - John 16:20

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" - Philippians 4:6-7

Art:

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Pablo Picasso

Education:


"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark." - Michelangelo


"Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings." - Salvador Dali


Grief:

"I sought comfort and advice...the best...cam from those who had faced the same trials. Only a bereaved knows the bereaved, I discovered. It's as though we had all stepped into an exclusive room no others could see."

"Grief cannot be hurried. It cannot be forced. It doesn't go away just because the rest of the world thinks there is a certain number of days to finish it up or because tears at odd junctures are unsettling. Grief has its own timeline, its own rhythm."


Quotes from the book - A Cup of Comfort, Classic Edition

From the story 'Drywall in the Time of Grief' by Janet Oakley

Hope: 

"Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back at what has passed and you will ask yourself...'How did I get through all of that?'" 




Honestly I could go on FOREVER with quotes! I love love love them! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was a dreary rain filled day. Didn't effect me much as I stayed inside painted signs, made gifts to send to some BLM penpals, and wrote thank yous to some more wonderful people that donated to the Walk to Remember we are participating in on Sunday. I watched some of my favorite t.v. shows tonight: Glee and NCIS: LA. I posted two pics in my photo journey area - check them out if you get a chance :)

This is from my griefshare email from today:

"You have to take a day at a time. Tomorrow may be different. Yesterday is a canceled check, tomorrow is a promissory note, but today is cash. You've got today to serve the Lord."

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart'" (Jeremiah 29:11-13). 

Riley & Peyton,
Mommy and daddy love you very much. We think of you every single day. We miss you with all of our hearts and wish we could hug you and kiss you and love you on Earth. But we know that you are safe and we are delighted that we will one day meet you. We pray for peace my angels. Peace through these sad times. Our hearts ache but we know God knows best. We know you must be very important if He needed you in heaven. We love you and you are so very important to us. We will never forget you. Always love you. Speak of you often and hold you dear to our hearts. Goodnight...

3 comments:

  1. "Grief cannot be hurried. It cannot be forced. It doesn't go away just because the rest of the world thinks there is a certain number of days to finish it up or because tears at odd junctures are unsettling. Grief has its own timeline, its own rhythm." This quote is such a good reminder. If I find mysel backsliding, I need to forgive myself more and not feel guilty that I'm inconveniencing other people or making them uncomfortable. Thanks for sharing your favorite quotes. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful bracelet...it came at just the perfect time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Griefshare meetings after losing Hannah. The emails helped so much. Of course I love Jeremiah 29:11. God is so good. Thanks for sharing Jess

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios